Notes on Madrid
Madrid is a magnificent city. Here’s a few places I enjoyed visiting; this is for personal reference for when I return to Spain’s capital city.
- Firstly, the metro system is excellent. Pretty much every part of the city is covered, certainly every attraction seems to be located within close proximity to a station.
- Eat at both Lateral (map) on Calle Fuencarral and Taberna del Chato (map), they are delicious.
- The rooftop terrace of Círculo de Bellas Artes (map) has spectacular views on Madrid. Admission is roughly €3.
- Chocolateria San Gines (map) has been serving chocolate con churros since 1894, and they’re phenomenal.
- If thinking about going on a tour of any of the football stadiums I’d recommend Estadio Santiago Bernabéu (map) - home of Real Madrid). The stadium is well worth visiting, the self-guided tour should be around €20. Nonetheless Estadio Vicente Calderón (map) is a great stadium even if it is showing its age. It reminds me of the majority of stadiums in Italy.